Saturday 31 May 2014

Fast Forward...

I've had two months of living a gluten free lifestyle and all I can say is I wallowed for at least half that time mourning the loss of some of the things I took for granted. Because, in part I recently spent time thinking about all the places in the world so far that I have travelled to and the cuisine I have tasted and that I wouldn't enjoy in the same way again; had a little chat to myself and realised that I was so lucky - I had that time to explore normally and many don't have the opportunities I've had to travel let alone get a square meal each day. No more pity parties here!

So skip on another fews weeks and at least 2 cross contamination/glutening mistakes and I've just received my first order of food on NHS prescription.

I have opted to pay by ten monthly direct debit for a Prepaid Prescription Certificate, at a cost of £104 a year and £10.40 spread out I think it offers me the best value for money. I didn't sign up straight away as I wanted to have time getting to know what was on supermarket shelves and what I liked - sadly not a lot of it has been really inspiring but at least I know what I wouldn't try again. As I couldn't buy some of the prescribable products off the shelf I'm trying them over the next week for the first time - I'll let you know what they're like. (I could have bought most online but I'm not home enough to receive packages and I didn't want fresh products going back to a depot that I couldn't collect from, I also couldn't face the higher prices).

No comments:

Post a Comment